Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Eskimo Gas auger, when I start the day out drilling the first couple of holes the auger always seems to bog down on me, but once it warms up no problems. What do you think my problem is, also you should know the carb was replaced on at the end of last season.

·
Registered
122 Posts
8 week lurker.First post.
Bogging is usually a lean condition.I've never seen an Eskimo auger,but it probably has a fuel filter in the fuel tank.I would replace that and the fuel hoses first. Any lawn mower shop has filters for about 3 bucks.Good luck

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mine does the same thing from time to time, i just add seafoam to the gas and the problem goes away. It dosnt take much to cause a problem in the carbs. I have since used seafoam in all my small engines and never have any problems anymore.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I have no idea what is in Seafoam, but have used it on all of my gas engines since reading post about auger problems. The stuff works. When my Quad seems to start running a little rough, put some in , run it, and it clears right up. Great stuff.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for your responses, I will try that Seafoam and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
how much do you put in say a gal of fuel
normally an ounce of seafoam to a gallon of gas.

RR - Bogging down cold is usually a lean condition, you dont mention a starting issue so I'm assuming its OK? Once started have you tried running it with the choke in the half way position to see that helps? If it does thats def a lean condition and if the carb you've got has needle jet/adjustment screws you'll need to turn the "H" one out a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts