Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I filled my tag on the opener. Thanks to Hank, but mostly to my guide Rich Burke from Watersmeet. My uncle and I reserved a spot with Hank back in May, but due to us hunting the Bergland area, he hooked us up with Rich. It was much easier on us and Hank as well, and turned out nice. Rich is a great guide keeping the baits fresh and all with good set-ups. He had multiple pictures from every stand and each induvidual bear that had visited the bait within the last two weeks. I got this sow on the evening of the opener around 7 pm. My uncle shot and missed two bear, one opening evening, and another the next afternoon. My bear was around a 50 yard shot, I took HER facing me dead in the chest. One shot from the 30.06 stoked with 180 grain Remington Core-Lokt's anchored her where she stood. She weighed an even 300 on the scales at Settlers Co-op in Bruce's Crossing at the bear check in station. To all the guys at Hanks congragulations on your bears, I wish we could have spent more time with you! ( If you're wonderin we stopped by Thursday afternoon around 12:30 in the new red Dodge Ram.) BTW, 300 lbs. dressed would be around 350 live weight???? Anyways, it was a great 2008 bear season, I hope to see you all in the next few years again!!

·
Banned
189 Posts
awesome work bro:)

·
Registered
529 Posts
GREAT job brother! Doesnt it just feel incredible to be able to hunt another big game species for the first time and be succesfull? Awesome! More pics? We always love more pics!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a few more pics from the next morning before my uncle and I skinned and quartered her up

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Congrats thats one heck of a sow!:) Love that western UP hunting!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats, I remember seeing you and your bear at Hank's place that afternoon. Huge bear with a beautiful thick coat. Way to go. Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts