Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out early in the slot Nada Busted over to the east side of the plug to 25' a few dinks and a lot of sheep head OK back to my game plan .
Busted back east to 16 to 17 fow crank baits 2 to 2.5 sog it was like sucking them up off the bottom with a vacuum cleaner 18" to 23" was hard trying to keep the pack off though !Great day off the water at noon:fish:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think I need lessons! LOL Nice catch.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I think I need lessons! LOL Nice catch.
I second this one!

We ended up getting 7 this morning before we ran out of time. Took us a long time to find the fish but once we did we pulled in 5 in about 20 minutes.

We lost a big fish right at the boat today and one other 17"ish at the boat. I about puked when that big one got off about 6" short of the net....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
That is where 80% of them pull off!! Short amount of line out and alot of tension. especialy when they are on the top thrashing. I try to keep them down at back of boat. ;) Nice fish Bay Bound.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes we do you know what week i am off should be able to hook up i will bring my bag of tricks actually i think its the new lund lol i had them paint a school of bait fish on the bottom of it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks yea we had to work a little to figure them out those eyes were giving everybody a hard time sunday

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That is where 80% of them pull off!! Short amount of line out and alot of tension. especialy when they are on the top thrashing. I try to keep them down at back of boat. ;) Nice fish Bay Bound.
I agree thats were **** can go south.I always have the reelman walk to the front of the boat and I net off the back..slow and steady on the retrieve.Has anybody else notice the smalleyes are headshaking?? Makes it fun but those smalls aren't the wet rags like past.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I agree thats were **** can go south.I always have the reelman walk to the front of the boat and I net off the back..slow and steady on the retrieve.Has anybody else notice the smalleyes are headshaking?? Makes it fun but those smalls aren't the wet rags like past.
we had a couple that took the board under thinking it was a sheep at first or nice eye,only to find out once we got them in they were both 14in eyes:yikes:

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
we had a couple that took the board under thinking it was a sheep at first or nice eye,only to find out once we got them in they were both 14in eyes:yikes:
I had the samething happen!!!:lol::lol::lol: Must be that new strain of "honey badger walleye" they planted!!:yikes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts