Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be meeting friends for camping/fishing this weekend. Hopefully I've acquired a little knowledge about walleye. Had a good report that some where taken last weekend on crawler harnesses in 22-27 fow.
I'll give a follow up report! Happy fishing all!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my report: a handful of gills and small perch were taken trolling purple crawler harnesses a half mile north of Big Bend and also 3/4 mile south of Newaygo State Park.
Next year I'm starting a new tradition at a new state park!
One more try a Hardy this evening!

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you really want walleye you should camp over by the Saginaw Bay. Tawas has a great state park and even if you can not find the walleye there is a variety of great fishing to be had right in Tawas Bay all summer long.

Hardy is a tricky place to walleye fish, we have tried a few times and struggled but the bass & pike fishing has always been great.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This years been exceptionaly hard fishing on hardy. I usually pull close to a two man limit out there every trip this time of year, but ive only wacked 6 keepers in the last 3 trips out. Fyi I troll deep with stick baits 20-40 fow right on bottom fairly quick 2.5_3.2 mph. Been geeting a lot of pike and a few toad smallies.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Dean I wish I saw this before today this year has been rough
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,422 Posts
I think you just saved me some gas nick, Thanks!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't liked fishing reservoirs since my Army days. Hardy hasn't changed that feeling!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sincere question...

What is the problem? Lack of stocking? Excess of party boaters? Should we just try this body of water in the fall? I have had little success as well. I don't want to give up...

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
I think you just saved me some gas nick, Thanks!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What you don't like catching 13" eyes and slimerz
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts