Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That's no ****. I emptied the rain gauge at 4:30 PM today and it had 4.2 inches in it. And that is since 9-12, AM. when the rain started.:SHOCKED:

I think I might go try walking some spawn down the side of the road in our front yard, where there seems to be a river stating to flow!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
One thing I learned yesturday is when fishing in 5 inches of rain, Frog Toggs WON'T keep you dry!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Martin

·
Super Moderator
3,182 Posts
My pool is overflowing big time.

I just unbuckled the boat from the trailer. That way when the water comes up I won't have to dive down to release the straps.:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just had to drain more water out of the pool and noticed my pickle crok was half full of water.Put the tape to it and we've gotten 10 1/2 inches of rain since yesterday :yikes:.

AND THEN THE RAINS CAME :yikes::dizzy::dizzy:
I measured 11 at my house since last Friday.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wonder what this will do for the fishin? Hmmmmm I ve got a bunch of pics to post of the creek in my back yard but there so big and i dont know how to resize them? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well atleast it stopped for now.I just got back from my sons friends house which is on hickory creek on cleveland ave (the red house). At 2 this morning the basement wall gave in and now the creek is running thru the house.Looks like the house will be a complete lose being it now has a huge hole in the side the creeks on.Cleveland bridge is not looking good either with the water about 6 inches from coming over the bridge.I called the township and there down there now.Not sure if there gonna shut down the bridge cuz it aint looking good.And then the rains came :yikes::yikes::dizzy::dizzy:.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I ran down to the Farm Creek yesterday to take a look and where it crosses Hips-Hollow it was about as wide as the Joe. I don't think it could hold much more of this rain. The drain tube was under water and was shooting out the other side like a fire hose.

Steve

·
Registered
370 Posts
Here is a bad pic of the house that fish-on was talking about. The big black area on the side of the foundation is the hole. The water sure is close to comming over the road right there.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is a good sized mudslide in my neighbors backyard. I t dosent look to big from the pick but its a major slide that is gonna hve to be fixed before it reaches the house.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thses are a few picks i got of the BCSC before my camer died.

The launch at BCSC.

The steps.

And finally this is the road leading to Jasper Dairy.

Sorry about the size. They were allot bigger.I will try and get somemore tomorrow as the river keeps goin up. Eagle Point is pretty incredable with Hickory creek spilling over in the marina:yikes:

·
Registered
700 Posts
What do you guys think all this rain will do to the fishing?
This will be the first year in some time that salmon make it PAST the Allegan Dam!!:evilsmile

1 - 17 of 17 Posts