Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Anchor Question

581 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Gone Fishing
What size / type anchor would hold a 19.6ft fiberglass slickcraft for SCR???
Thanks,
ehill
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Medium size danforth anchor WITH a CHAIN!!!
danforth style.always go with one size up for youre boat i think the west marine ones would put you with the one for a 32 foot boat!sounds scary i know but i use it on my 17'6 foot.Next you need 4-6 foot of chain.Last at least 100 foot of rope is nice.
Danforth has a 25# anchor, do you think this will be big enough?????
thanks,
ehill
Robert Hoover said:
danforth style.always go with one size up for youre boat i think the west marine ones would put you with the one for a 32 foot boat!sounds scary i know but i use it on my 17'6 foot.Next you need 4-6 foot of chain.Last at least 100 foot of rope is nice.
id say youre anchor is plenty as long as it is danforth style that is a must for the rivers .Mine is rated for a 32 foot boat its actual weight is 15# it is called the traditional 13 from west marine.
Go one size larger than what they "recommend". Anchor chain is very helpful. 100' of rope is necessary.

Jim
These are kind of pricey but they are the best I've ever used. The 18 lb will hold my 27' in 4 - 5 footers.
http://www.reelcharterfishing.com/anchor.htm
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.