Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I had an accident a week ago Sunday after returning home from our Lake Erie trip. I just wanted to give everyone an update as to how I’m doing.

I was finally able to go back to work today and I’ve been off the pain killers for 3 days now. Everything looks to be healing up good and I’ll be seeing the Doc tomorrow to find out if I’ll need any skin graphs on my leg that took the major force of the fire.

It’s still going to be a while till I can get back on the water do to the fact that I can not have pro-long exposure to the sun. The blistering on my hand has gone down and I think that I should have no problems handling a rod & reel, as long as the new skin on my arm can handle the pull of a Steely or king I’m ready to go.

Thanks for all the calls and concerns and I’ll talk to everyone soon. Looks like we are going to try and have a St. Joe League event on the 7th of July hope to see everyone there. (Even if I still can’t get out and fish.)

Steve

· Registered
4,273 Posts
Glad to hear things are getting better. Hope you get well soon Steve, and can get back out on the water!

· Premium Member
10,561 Posts
Get well soon brother! I hope to hear you are back on the water in no time.

· Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sixshooter said:
Real good Steve, Real Good

They were BITING THIS MORNING. THEY WERE BITING THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!

-Jim

I want to thank those of you, who find it heart felt, to call me as I was lying on my couch unable to walk because of the pain and tell me that the skam were in or that they had an open spot on their boat for me. Then say to me "Oh! That's right you can't go out." and then laugh as they said good bye.

Steve

· Registered
1,904 Posts
Steven Arend said:
I want to thank those of you, who find it heart felt, to call me as I was lying on my couch unable to walk because of the pain and tell me that the skam were in or that they had an open spot on their boat for me. Then say to me "Oh! That's right you can't go out." and then laugh as they said good bye.

Steve
Whatever are you talking about..."beep beep"

Oh did I tell ya about the 11" perchies I caught this weekend?!!?!?! :evil:

A quote from a bear comes to mind...."Only YOU can prevent forest fires...!" :lol:

· Registered
345 Posts
Hope you are feeling better Steve. Remember what you paid all of those insurance premiums for over the years. Give the doc a call for a refill, A quick trip to Walgreens for your wife, and all is well. :D :woohoo1:

· Registered
3,367 Posts
Holy Sheet!! I hadn't heard about this either. Hope you are doing OK Steve and hope the recovery continues to go well.

Take the time and fully recouperate. My wife was in a rollover last fall and pushed the recovery thing too fast, didn't finish rehab, ... etc ... she is still not quite right.

OMG I hope she doesn't read that!!:rant:

· Registered
2,005 Posts
Knowing you hardcore fisherman from the west side, you are already working on some type of body harness and reel motor that allows you to fish hands free. ;)

The sad thing is, even with that contraption, you will still beat me in league fishing! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Been reading the "Life with Steve" thread this morning and LMAO! Your latest incident is a real bummer. Keep smiling and get well soon.

· Registered
3,231 Posts
Hunt4Ever said:
Knowing you hardcore fisherman from the west side, you are already working on some type of body harness and reel motor that allows you to fish hands free. ;)

The sad thing is, even with that contraption, you will still beat me in league fishing! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Ain't that the truth! He even comes over here once a year and whomps me on my home turf!

Steve, don't rush it. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
what happened please?

· Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE ALL!
16,845 Posts
cadillacjethro said:
Been reading the "Life with Steve" thread this morning and LMAO! Your latest incident is a real bummer. Keep smiling and get well soon.
Is this a PLOY to distract us all from that thread Steve??
:lol:
Good to hear that you're doing better - and REMEMBER , with those fancy MoonShine Spoons , fish can AND do bite in the dark - so no UV worries there.............
:evilsmile

Take it easy ......
;)
Robert

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.