Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are the companies which to the best of my knowledge make all of their gear (with the exception of clothing) in the United States

Unfortunately, one of my favorite rod makers from Bellingham, Washington does not make their reels in the USA. They should be made in the USA

Here are those companies which in my opinion should be strongly supported. Please add others:

Scott Fly Rods

Winston Fy Rods

Thomas & Thomas Fly Rods

Tibor Reels

Galvan Reels

Hatch Reels

Nautilus Reels

Abel Reels

Bozeman Reel Company

Which others are out there? Any mistakes on my list?

·
Super Moderator
37,512 Posts
I thought Hatch stuff came from somewhere in Scandinavia.
Doesn't Orvis make their rods here?
I know they sew really expensive tags on their cheap Indonesian clothing.....

·
Super Moderator
37,512 Posts
Nope Hatch is made in USA......

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought Hatch stuff came from somewhere in Scandinavia.
Doesn't Orvis make their rods here?
I know they sew really expensive tags on their cheap Indonesian clothing.....
Orvis’s 2 entry level rods are made in Korea and all of their reels except the top end, are made in Korea or China

Hatch is USA

Danielson, Einarson and Vosselor (all misspelled) are all European based companies with some manufacturing in Europe. Really nice reels.

I’ve fished twice with Christer Sjöberg who started Loop in the the 1980’s. Loop was based in Sweden under his watch but it sounded like their reels were subcontracted out of America. He had a banker invest in his company to invest in one of the earliest large arbor reels which Loop was pioneering in it sounds like in the late 1980’s. Things went sideways and Loop came under the control of the investor. Investors did what investors do and shifted all production to Asia. Loop’s marketing is fantastic but I’m not sure about their current gear quality.

Christer’s Las Buitreras Lodge in Argentina is the finest fly fishing lodge I’ve ever visited. His Kangia River Lodge in Greenland is a whole different experience. First class fishing. He switched his focus to destination angling.

http://www.solidadventures.com/

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know the Allen Omega line is made in the USA. Price is on par with the upper end reels though.

Sage rods are still made in the US. Even the entry level Foundation is made in the US.

Vedavoo is hardcore US made. All the fabric, buckled, down to the thread is US sourced. I have the beast sling that has held up for a few years despite me thrashing the hell out of it. Hose it down and looks like new.

Simms high end waders are made in US.

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the Allen Omega line is made in the USA. Price is on par with the upper end reels though.

Sage rods are still made in the US. Even the entry level Foundation is made in the US.

Vedavoo is hardcore US made. All the fabric, buckled, down to the thread is US sourced. I have the beast sling that has held up for a few years despite me thrashing the hell out of it. Hose it down and looks like new.

Simms high end waders are made in US.
I used to fish primarily Sage rods but their reels are made in Asia

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Reactions: OH-YEAH!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Found these guys looking for American made spinning reels. No fly reels yet, but they are adding two models in the future. Take a drink of something before you look at their prices so you have something to spit on your computer, they have the made in America price tag.

https://irtreels.com/

These are the companies which to the best of my knowledge make all of their gear (with the exception of clothing) in the United States

Unfortunately, one of my favorite rod makers from Bellingham, Washington does not make their reels in the USA. They should be made in the USA

Here are those companies which in my opinion should be strongly supported. Please add others:

Scott Fly Rods

Winston Fy Rods

Thomas & Thomas Fly Rods

Tibor Reels

Galvan Reels

Hatch Reels

Nautilus Reels

Abel Reels

Bozeman Reel Company

Which others are out there? Any mistakes on my list?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts