Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon further inspection, it appears I have a couple of loose rivets this off-season (slow drip). What do you guys recommend for the best fix? Is Alummalloy (sp?) pretty much the way to go? And if it is...where do I get it? Thanks guys.:grouphug:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I haven't checked the internet price of alummalloy but if you have a Tractor Supply close by, they carry a very similar product in their welding supplies. It has been a couple of years since I bought some so unsure of how many rods come in the pack but I guess it wasn't any more than 10-12 rods in the pack for around $8.00. This is only the rods and no stainless steel wire brush, I didn't check if they carried the wire brush as I already had one.

Busterboy

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tubejig said:
Putting new rivets in like your link shows does look like the best way to do it properly. But...this would be a royal pain. I would have to pull everything outta the boat, and then pull the floor to get to the rivets.:dizzy: I was kinda hoping to avoid all of that. I'm hoping some kind of welding from the bottom would work ok. I Appreciate the advice though Ken, thanks.:)

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
We use Chris's welding for all are Aluminum welding...Great work and inexpensive....they are on Groesbeck..JUST south of 10 mile on the west hand side!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Houghton laker said:
We use Chris's welding for all are Aluminum welding...Great work and inexpensive....they are on Groesbeck..JUST south of 10 mile on the west hand side!
So I'd have to pull the boat to them correct?:confused: Do they weld while you wait? Or you gotta leave the boat? Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I'd stop by there first and ask....see if they could do it on the spot since it's such a small job!......all I can say is there work is nice!

·
Registered
602 Posts
If its just a lose rivit it will stop dripping water by having a friend hold a hammer tight to the bottom and then you tap it with a hammer on the top and the rivet will tighten up and stop the drip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts