Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that all the boats that were out there saturday have nothing to report. I'm sure they check out this site before they go but don't bother to post to all. seems fishy:)

Ed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I'll tell you about Sat Afternoon since no one else wants to brag about getting skunked. Sat fishing turned out was nothing but a great boat ride....

DoublePlay and I Set up out in 100 ft of water looking for some fish and that's just what we did.....

Not a bump on a rod for 5 hours. Few marks down deep and up top but We threw the kitchen sink and cabinets at them.

There were a few boats on the mud line and we trolled into the mud from 120 out.... No one was raising any nets so I guess they have pretty much the same report as us..

It seem like the southern east side of LM is turned off. Sat Tourney at Mich City was another wash.... Same Catches as last week. It's bretty bad when some of top Fisherman on this lake are catching 3 fish for a tourney!

Lets hope the action picks up soon... Next week starts the 333 trail......

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I have no problem posting reports, but you're an idiot if you don't think this site, GLAngler, and TSS don't have an effect on traffic.

I've been learing the St. Joe fishery, and if you know it you can figure out pretty accurately when the steelies are going to show up during the summer. Without fail, the day after they turn on there will be 3X the traffic on the lake. We've fished a Saturday and Sunday back to back. Saturday was good and we killed them. There were less than 100 boats trying to fish the river water in front of the pierheads. By noon there were reports on this site and others that people were killing the steelhead. When we went back out on Sunday morning the line to hit the launch was backed up out onto the road. We counted over 300 boats trying to fish in front of the pierheads that 2nd day.

It's been a cold spring. I bet the Kings start to show up very, very soon.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Think harbor patrol....so many boats with so many lines in the water...bye bye fishies!!!

Once it warms and guys start to spread out, the fishing should improve...not to mention that the barometer has been seriously riding the elevator for the last week.

Then again, there is no bait in LM, so everyone might as well go fish LH.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Beave said:
I have no problem posting reports, but you're an idiot if you don't think this site, GLAngler, and TSS don't have an effect on traffic.

I've been learing the St. Joe fishery, and if you know it you can figure out pretty accurately when the steelies are going to show up during the summer. Without fail, the day after they turn on there will be 3X the traffic on the lake. We've fished a Saturday and Sunday back to back. Saturday was good and we killed them. There were less than 100 boats trying to fish the river water in front of the pierheads. By noon there were reports on this site and others that people were killing the steelhead. When we went back out on Sunday morning the line to hit the launch was backed up out onto the road. We counted over 300 boats trying to fish in front of the pierheads that 2nd day.

It's been a cold spring. I bet the Kings start to show up very, very soon.
beave the zoo is the zoo and has been like that for the 20+ years i've been fishing it,way before the internet.the fish hit the pierhead and they come a runnin.:lol:.i've seen the s pier pack full from the beach to the end of the pier in about 2 hours after a coho slam started that mornin :yikes::lol:.just by word of mouth and the phone.internet dont make it any better or worse from what i've seen,the zoo is the zoo.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts