Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw lots of birds this long easter weekend out and about alcona. most of the birds where in groups of 6 to a dozen with the average 3-4 toms in them. the weather was extremely cold, ( 9 degrees friday morn and 13 sat. morn ) windy, ( 20-35 mph thur-fri-sat-) and snowing on and off. this didn't seem to interupt the turkeys out and about feeding, actually i think it made them even more aggressive in their search for food. the snow made easy pickings on finding the roost of the birds and that was the only benefit of the snow.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Turkeys are fat and sassy this area with all the feed and easy winter. There seems to be more mature toms this year than ever but a few less birds. Should be a great hunt this year. My nephew is bringing his seven year old son so I can't wait.:D Can't start those kids too early;)

He's all fired up for turkeys season. Yesterday when I sat up a blind three nice toms step out at 50 yards in my food plot. Best count we have about 85 birds hanging around in two flocks. This year I'm using my xbow. Come on hunting season........m:D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was up this past weekend in the Consolidated League on the west shore of Hubbard Lake. I only saw a few birds. The deer seemed to be every where. I am glad to hear the good report, only 13 more days!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts