Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Boehr, Is it leagal to drink beer while ice fishing in your shanty? For instance, if you have only one beer with you in a shanty and thats ALL and a CO stops by to check you, are you legal with that one can of beer in your shanty?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
funny you ask. just asked todd, the d.n.r. officer at gino's monday and he said no problem. you can drink on the ice.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Not to take this thread down a tangent, but when I was in college (Michigan Tech) a couple of idiots came up with the bright idea of putting a keg in the back of their truck. Packed it with snow, then ran the hose on the tap up through the split window.

They figured that since the keg was in the back of the truck, they'd found a little loophole around "opened container" laws. (Not sure what they were drinking out of in the truck or if they were just sucking off the tap...)

As you'd expect, local law enforcement up there spends 90% of their time dealing with alcohol related problems and doesn't have much patience for idiots. They got to spend a weekend in jail, probably made nice donation of beer to the local PD, and were well known in the dorms for their escapades. They probably would've been famous forever if one of their frat brothers didn't try to elude the police for a drunk and disorderly arrest AFTER they had the handcuffs on him.

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
I don't know about you. I just rent my beer! Where do you put yours when you are finished with it? With all the MTs out there, people don't seem to put it back in the can.:p

Is it legal to urinate on/in public waters?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
I think you guys are too worried about the drink'in and not worried enough about the fish'in.:p

Must be a boring day around for these types of worries. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Originally posted by boehr
I think you guys are too worried about the drink'in and not worried enough about the fish'in.:p
Not me! I already mastered the beer drinking part but I can't catch fish though the ice. I wonder if the two are related.:eek: :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
As heard a few sahntys over, "....whatever you do, DON'T drink the WARM Gatorade!...." .
Wide mouth bottles, of course. The prefect, personal, portable potty.

-LB :)

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Well....I think the purpose of this post has fulfilled it's need.:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.