Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I had a camera yesterday evening. 6:00 yesterday evening at 32 mile rd. and welding (North side of 32 just East of the junkyard) were what appeared to be 1 albino deer, and 2 piebald!!! I have never seen them in person before so I thought I would share. I assume that it is rare to see that amount of mutant deer together???? I wonder if the junkyard has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I seen three all white deer around Irons Michigan this spring twice, also heard they had a buck in the group last fall that somebody shot and only took the head and left the rest in the woods. Makes you wonder what makes people tick sometimes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
MichiganHunter1971 said:
Yeah its no big deal I see them alot up at my place!

I think it is a big deal! I don't remember what are the odds of a doe giving birth to a complete albino but It is up there. Rare at best.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
In my lifetime I've seen 1 very cool piebald doe, and zero albino anythings, in the wild. I think the sightings are a big deal, and very cool.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw the piebald one again last night... from 15 feet away. she looks really mangey.... must be close to getting rid of that heavy winter coat. Now if I could just coax them over to my hunting area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A few years ago i was driving home from work. i got off I75 at south huron river drive. as soon as i was on the off ramp i saw two deer. the one was almost all white, had a little color, wasnt a true albino the other was pure white. i couldnt tell if it had the pink nose or blue eyes, so i couldnt tell if it was a true albino or not.i've also been on my deer stand in the fall and ive seen an albino turkey in the woods which was a shock. it was with the rest of the "normal" flock of birds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts