Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving in 8 weeks for fish camp. No refrigerators in the cabins so after fishing refreshment choices can be limited.

So far this has been purchased for the trip. Any other suggestions? :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You ever try any Grand Traverse Distillery? Michigan made ryes that are pretty good for the money.

Or you could be a complete cheese dick and bring a whole bunch of Dry Fly vodka.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You ever try any Grand Traverse Distillery? Michigan made ryes that are pretty good for the money.

Or you could be a complete cheese dick and bring a whole bunch of Dry Fly vodka.
Not a big vodka fan and don't really go for the spirits that market themselves as fly fishing related. There's a winery in California that uses that schtick, too, I think.

Woodford is my favorite bourbon these days. We'll likely just have the fancy bottle and a bottle of the regular Woodford as well as a bottle of rum. It's fun to share in camp with new friends but toward the end of the week liquor and beer is a scarce resource. :lol:

My buddy going on the trip with me is a Lt. Colonel with the Army National Guard. He is on his 3rd Middle Eastern deployment after just being unexpectedly shipped out in early March. He's a psychiatrist and I am guessing that he is helping a lot of the combat troops deal with very difficult PTSD type issues. Praying for his safe return and crossing my fingers that he is home, as promised, in time for our September trip. I understand that the Army moves at its own pace, though. :yikes:

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
GTD now has a whiskey too! :D

I'm no spirits snob but I liked it! :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ya, that's what I was talking about above. They make three rye whiskeys I believe. The ol George is very good.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts