Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Enjoyed reading about your trip and glad no body was seriously hurt.
You could write a book someday about all your Alaskan adventures.
My next AK fishing trip is going to be extremely mild and relaxing. I don't know if I can handle any more excitement. Haha.
I'm thinking 9 days total trip counting travel, less than 49 mile float out. I got something in mind for next year.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like an adventure! I talked to your partner at the country club just before the trip. I was so jealous…can’t wait to talk to PVN to see if he would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Sounds like an adventure! I talked to your partner at the country club just before the trip. I was so jealous…can’t wait to talk to PVN to see if he would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
My guess would be no.

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yeah, but if you gotta drown, no better way than doing some cool schitt like that!

I am glad he made it too.

@brushbuster, I bet the first thing you did was hug and kiss your Wife when you got home! I know I would have, hug my kid and wife at the same time!
Yeah, she knew something was wrong when I kept telling her how much I loved her over and over everytime I called on the SAT phone.

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Great story! I have spent some time in Alaska and understand how remote some of those areas are. You guys are hardcore man, if somethings happens up there ain't nobody coming to help. One of my favorite trophies in my mancave is the mounted grayling I caught in Alaska in 1987. The smallest fish I have mounted but one of the coolest. Good job.
Grayling saved the day for us many times. Some days we would paddle all day with only eating a few snacks. When it was time to set up camp my job was to catch fish for dinner to add to the mash potatoes or rice or noodles.

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I forgot to add. We saw 3 bear on this trip and 2 moose twice. The bear sightings were on the float down, every time we saw a bear I would sound off with "hey bear" and immediately they would bound off. We did have fresh bear tracks come close to camp and one night we heard one splash in the river as it bounded off. Thankfully they prefer salmon over stinky humans.

·
Premium Member
12,491 Posts
I forgot to add. We saw 3 bear on this trip and 2 moose twice. The bear sightings were on the float down, every time we saw a bear I would sound off with "hey bear" and immediately they would bound off. We did have fresh bear tracks come close to camp and one night we heard one splash in the river as it bounded off. Thankfully they prefer salmon over stinky humans.
You just answered my question without me asking!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Great great story. If you didn’t have the woodworking skills that you possess it might of become a disaster. Glad you are safe and thanks for sharing this with all of us. I agree with others, that paddle either has to come home to you or it’s story needs to be on the wall where it’s at for all who stay there to share your adventure.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts