Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but a January steelie can cure the wintertime blues.

Finally got out Saturday and fished the Indiana waters of the St. Joe. Water level was good and I was suprised at the clarity, 2.5 to 3 feet, after the rain. Jig and waxxies under a float to start with no results and then switched to a bag along the bottom and picked up a decent hen about 6 pounds. She was nice and colored up and had obviously been on the feed as she yakked up a partially digested minnow while I unhooked her.

I'd like to post the pic but just can't get it done....

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Hey Hoot, I just got off the river myself. I will try and put some pics up in the next day or two. We had a good day. Here's your pic you emailed me.

Nice job man!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting the pic Quest. For some reason when I go to upload and click browse I can't get my pics to open. I'll play with it some more.

Good luck on the water Darrin

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes water is clear, temp 39 degrees last Thursday below Berrien, lost one on a LDR, tube fly, saw one caught that morning, action was slow I would say. But a good day to be out with the 50 degree temps and the spey rod.

;)

BG

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hey! Thats a MI fish! They aren't supposed to be in indiana! We're going to have to do something about those fish ladders!
Just kidding :) I think it's really cool those fish make it all the way to IN.
Glad you had a good day. Thats one of the bigger fish I've been seeing so far this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts