Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just read the format for the new AIM walleye tournaments, a lot of crazy things going on with that! I am curios to what you guys think-personally i dont like any of it!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Let's give them a chance - the FLW needs a challenge. Personally, I don't care for the FLW format concerning ; what kind of boat You fish out of/If You make to the finals, no matter who YOUR (the angler) sponcers are, You MUST wear FLW clothing + fish out of a FLW boat - not good/fair to the hard working Pros sponcers. My .02. C-man

·
Administrator
26,694 Posts
Let's give them a chance - the FLW needs a challenge. Personally, I don't care for the FLW format concerning ; what kind of boat You fish out of/If You make to the finals, no matter who YOUR (the angler) sponcers are, You MUST wear FLW clothing + fish out of a FLW boat - not good/fair to the hard working Pros sponcers. My .02. C-man
Not correct as far as I know. During TV finals, you cannot display non sponsor items. The TV finals I was in Mark Mervey (the winner) had a non sponsor boat and motor. During taping you did not see his boat or motor on TV. While others, you always saw the motor (evinrude or yamaha) and boat as long it was a Ranger or G3. I know a couple more that had Mercury motors.

They even had me remove my M/S cap while on stage, had to wear either a plain cap or a FLW or sponsor cap on the final day during TV taping.

Although if you have a sponsor boat and or motor, you do recieve a bonus.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I think what C man meant was that the last day of the championship in the tour, you fish out of a FLW boat, and can not have conflicting sponsor logo's.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
For the Co-angler it looks interesting. $250.00 entry fee to fish two days with a pro sounds like a reasonable price to have a two day guided trip with a different pro each day. Rather than money the co-anglers recieve prizes that are raffled off. (sounds better than the PWT) and ten co-anglers fish the last day not by top ten weights rather by a drawing. Sounds different, not bad. If you want to fish for the learning experience this sounds pretty good. I would prefer the cash. That said I sould enter as a pro. As for the pro entry fee of $1750.00 that is in line assuming the payout will also be in line with the FLW. That will be rolled out on January 2, 2009. Now the CRR system of Catch, Record, Release... That will make for an interesting weigh in with no fish? Record the length and photograph then let the fish go. Sounds different. Not bad, just different. I will weigh in more on this following the official release on January 2, 2009. Have a great holiday, and think spring!

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's different
Bass fishing is going that way with no weigh ins

I myself don't think that will hurt them at all
It's catch and release so some people might be more inclined to watch

My thoughts are
If there's no weigh in why not take that time and let the fans that would come down to see the weigh in meet the pro's.
Just have a open meet format were the fans could walk up and talk to the pro's

At the same time
I’ve yet to see what the payouts are on the pro side
And I don’t like the co-anglers raffle but at the same time it’s 250 vs 400 for the FLW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts