Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one on the right, after a few replies I'll show original pics with his rack.
Kent county in farm country.

·
Administrator
17,555 Posts
3.5 - 4.5 - leaning toward 3.5
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Big, big body but "spindley" legs, even in comparison to the other deer in pic. This could be just a big, young, well fed deer.................2.5-3.5.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Big, big body but "spindley" legs, even in comparison to the other deer in pic. This could be just a big, young, well fed deer.................2.5-3.5.
Do many hunters kill 3.5 yr old deer? That's a good question.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My guess is a early dropped fawn, well fed yearling that's been eating imperial clover and lucky buck yr round.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
My guess is a early dropped fawn, well fed yearling that's been eating imperial clover and lucky buck yr round.
How are your hinge cut areas doing? Last pics you posted it looked pretty thick.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Definitely a sight to see. I'm glad I took your posts into consideration in (cut more, cut more), took 5 yrs of hard hinge cutting to get where I'm at now. Not done yet. The neighbor wounded a buck in early bow and of course it ran into my first hinge\bedding area. He trespassed and walked within 30 yds of him and he stayed bedded. Then I pursued the track with him and he bailed into my next hinge\bedding area when I got within 10-15 ft as I was walking on by him, wouldn't of ever seen him if he wouldn't of bailed. Even the blind trespasser said must be nice shooting deer and them staying on your property to die, they aren't leaving that cover.Definitely the best cover in the section, a neighbor is on his way but a few yrs behind. Didn't really get to hunt this yr due to family problems, always next yr. Thanks cakeman.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The one on the left is a yearling 4pt
I am assuming by stating that you have reason to be confidant that it is in fact a 1.5. Now I say that because if the four point is a 1.5 than, by the way it looks in the pic they are reacting to each other this time of the year ,I would say the "bigger" one is the same age regardless of how his body appears in the pic compared to the four point.:)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am assuming by stating that you have reason to be confidant that it is in fact a 1.5. Now I say that because if the four point is a 1.5 than, by the way it looks in the pic they are reacting to each other this time of the year ,I would say the "bigger" one is the same age regardless of how his body appears in the pic compared to the four point.:)
Yeah I wouldn't think a 1 1/2 would be sparring with 3.5 or older buck in mid November either. Out of the 100 or so bucks we've taken off this property I haven't seen a 2.5 or older spike. Some are bigger bodied than others.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts