Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I went out this morning to try and get some wild pheasants and had a pretty successful time of it. After missing a couple of earlier shots, we found a spot that was loaded with em'. We both managed to take one and then we called it a day. My brother was pretty excited because that was his young labs first wild flush and retrieve. We put the double whammy on them with my pointer Gus, he would point them and the lab would flush them. We had a great time. With the way we were shooting earlier though, we didn't do any harm to the pheasant or quail population in southern Hillsdale county.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Nice job guys. Good to know the rooster population in southern michigan is doing well. Couple of nice looking dogs you've got there.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nice pictures...I'll be up there next weekend to finish off the season.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good Job!!! Looks like you've got a winning combination!! The best part: "We had a great time..." Congrats...Scott B.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Nice work on the phez, and a succesful day.
I might be just reading your post wrong but the way it sounds you missed some quail. Isnt quail season closed?
Congrats on a great day!
Ric

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duece22 said:
I might be just reading your post wrong but the way it sounds you missed some quail. Isnt quail season closed?

Ric
Yes quail season is closed. We hunted both this year, and with bird season coming to an end next week, I was simply making a joke about how our shooting hasn't hurt the population of either pheasant or quail this year. Sorry I didn't clarify.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts