Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to update my tackle, hoping to add some new Raps for walleye. I could use some advice as to the best all-around size, and two or three color combinations. I MAY fish LSC, but mostly will be fishing backwaters off of the Grand River around Lansing, with moderate visibility. Current will not be a factor. I will also fish at night, so I assume that a glow color would be good.
Thanks,
DaveW

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
For Wallys, I like the #7 and #5's.....Fav colors, clown, orange and Gold(old color) hard to find, and silver and black. Not too familar with the new glow's, but would assume they would work just fine. Tip with a minnie, or nothing at all....Work them like you are conducter in a Symphony, up and over...Good luck

Mushy

·
Registered
79 Posts
What area of the Grand do you go for walleye? I've been a Grand River fisher for 20 years around Lansing and have never found concentrations of walleye, though I have caught some decent ones. I only know of a couple spots for safe ice around town, but am interested in some more if they have potential.
Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Can you fill me in on what a minnie is? Are you putting a minnow on a Rap? Just seems odd, but maybe not. My buddy used to out fish me trolling Lake Erie. He'd tip a Hot-n-Tot with a crawler at 3 mph.:D

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cp_will said:
What area of the Grand do you go for walleye? I've been a Grand River fisher for 20 years around Lansing and have never found concentrations of walleye, though I have caught some decent ones. I only know of a couple spots for safe ice around town, but am interested in some more if they have potential.
Thanks,
Will
Will:
Welcome to the site! Check your Private Messages.
DaveW

·
Registered
121 Posts
One trick that I picked up from another member is to dip the tail fins in some glow paint. This way you've got some glow even if it's just a standard rap.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Tell you what Rapala came out with a jigging Shad rap. It's a little fatter that a standard and they come in CLOWNS :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts