Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my new Barnett Penetrator crossbow into a black hole target.

I have used all of my strength, tried everything....I cannot get the bolt out of the target?

Is there anyway I can get this bolt out without destroying it?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

I have used all of my strength, tried everything....I cannot get the bolt out of the target?

You can save the bolt by cutting the target apart.:lol:

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Maybe try standing on the target and pulling straight up. Or try different temp changes on the target like putting it in freezer or hot water. Don't know if it works but worth a try.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
the reason i ask, i've had a hard time getting broadheads to back out. Mine usually punch all the way through and i unscrew the broadheads to pull the arrow back through.

·
Registered
716 Posts
They make am arrow puller for this reason. Can't remember where I seen it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
They make am arrow puller for this reason. Can't remember where I seen it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got two of those arrow pullers. One right handed and one left handed. Dandy tools if you use them right. *** sorry couldn't resist***

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Wife gave me an Allen Arrow Puller last xmas. It makes it alot easier as it puts equal pressure on the pull and a larger handle to pull with. Dick's and Kmart carry them usually. Sticker said $4.95 on sale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put the target on it's back with the arrow facing straight up and drip a little olive or vegetable oil right where the arrow and target meet. Let it sit for a while and then try to turn it. Once it turns it should slide out(depending on what kind of tip is on it). Good luck

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
You guys should stop with the silly replies.....

Here is what you do. Stack a few cinder blocks in front of the target to slow the bold down. I guaranteed any bolts that make it into the target should be a piece of cake to retrieve....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I am not familiar with the target your shooting into but, my target is hard to get them out also. When I shoot into my block its narrow enough to where the bolt is hanging out both sides. I pick the entire target up with bolt hanging out both sides and pound the field tip side into the ground enough to get the bolt to move a little bit. Once it moves a little it comes out much easier.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
In the future you can dip the bolts in graphite powder to lubricate them a little bit. This helps to get them to come out easier. Once the target gets a little more worn they will get easier to retrieve from the block. If it is a new target it takes a while for it to get easier. Good luck this year!

Ganzer

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
you can spray your bolts with a lubricator (even olive oil) to get them to slide out much easier.

for this problem, try putting a little penetrating oil at the base of the bolt where it meets the target and let it drain..... just an idea.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Do you happen to have a Deck that's a few feet off the ground with a railing? Place the target on the deck and slide it up tight to the railing, allowing the bolt to go between the spindles....pull the bolt from the outside and make sure you have a soft landing.

Dan

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

If you don't have an arrow puller or want to buy one find an old golf club and Slice open the rubber grip long ways... Take the grip and wrap it around the arrow and use it to pull it out. Same concept as the arrow puller

1 - 20 of 25 Posts