Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on this outfitter? Planning a trip next August, and trying to do my homework. Thanks.​

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have never heard of them. Out of curiosity, what made you drawn to them? There are so many great outfitters in Ontario. I have a bunch I could offer you and there are countless others on the site that can do the same.
If you cannot find anything good/bad/other regarding them, then I would move on to another opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding! I found them with a google search. Next to no info about them on the web. I am looking for a drive in camp that’s mostly a fishing camp, without a ton of people on the lake. Other basic criteria is indoor plumbing (gotta keep the wife happy!), hopefully within 6 or so hours of the Soo. We would like to mostly target pike. The two places that are towards the top of my search were Happy Day Lodge, and Red Pine Lodge. Both sound pretty nice. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
If you want pike, book a cabin here for early July -
Bruce Bay Cottages & Lighthouse
82 French Island Rd, Bruce Mines, ON P0R 1C0, Canada
+1 705-785-3473
https://goo.gl/maps/LaY61sJiv58gbZqQ9

A 2-3 mile run west of there will get you tons of pike, and you probably will see one or no other boats fishing each day. If you get interested, I can give you plenty of info on the area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks piketroller That does look pretty interesting. Due to a college schedule, I believe we are locked into that mid August time frame. I will be double checking on that though. Is there any bass fishing available in the vicinity?

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
There’s good bass fishing around here
Dropped pin
Near St Joseph Channel, Ontario, Canada
https://goo.gl/maps/ph1zWmK9hLzUNseC9

But by late August there’s a good chance a lot of bass could be had right near those cabins. Once you get around Dawson Island and further west, it fishes like a warm water inland lake with water temps in the low 60’s and weeds just coming in thick enough to hold fish. It’s pike fishing paradise. At this time, out by Bruce Mines the water will be in the low 50’s. By mid August, the good pike water will be weeded in so thick it’s hard to fish, plus the water will be very warm. This pushes the pike out to cooler deeper water and makes them harder to find. You’ll have the same issue that time of year on inland lakes unless you go so far north that the water never gets above 65 degrees.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have never heard of them. Out of curiosity, what made you drawn to them? There are so many great outfitters in Ontario. I have a bunch I could offer you and there are countless others on the site that can do the same.
If you cannot find anything good/bad/other regarding them, then I would move on to another opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
I agree with mallard, look at a different lake. It looks to small to me to offer good fishing. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts