Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick my annual (2) doe permits and the guy at the counter said that a friend of his owns a store in Michigan and 400 people bought (5) doe permits each and each one was from activist that were Non Hunters. Has anyone else heard about this. He said that most were public land extra permits after draw.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Probably some of our local sportsman that only hang out in the political forum.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Unfortunately there is not much that can done about that as long as they have passed hunter safety. Just another reason to limit each person to 1 leftover antlerless tag per day until they are gone. I know several guys who didn't get one last year, because they were sold out for their unit after day 1 or 2. I also know guys who buy 5 and may only use 2.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Went to pick my annual (2) doe permits and the guy at the counter said that a friend of his owns a store in Michigan and 400 people bought (5) doe permits each and each one was from activist that were Non Hunters. Has anyone else heard about this. He said that most were public land extra permits after draw.
Actually, if it is true and if they continue to do that, the DNR will simply up the number of available permits so that hunters get their fill too.

Might be a great solution to the declining tag sales.

Perhaps we could simply direct them to the DMU's that do not typically sell out? :)

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
That’s good. They are donating to the cause. Most doe tags in Michigan are unlimited anyway.

Reactions: Hunters Edge

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If true, I hope they go and buy out all that are available in units 19,23,29,33,34,37,41,54,59,61,62,70 and 78. I'm sure we could use an extra $260,000,000 in the fund! Just think of all the great stuff our DNR could do with all that money. Maybe if those units sell out their million tags available, they will up the quota next year. Oh wait, do they sell the tags for those units cheaper than the $20 for other units? Seems like I might have seen that last year.
Already got my two for Van Buren / Berrien, so I'm good.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I heard it was 4,000 people and they each bought 10. Probably the same story from the same bar, but two days later. Coffee shops and bars sure do inflate the numbers.
Public land leftover permits---can you buy more than 1 a day ?

L & O

·
Registered
346 Posts
WOW, I thought you had to buy a base license $11, hunting license $20 or $40 for the combo, and then you can buy a doe tag. That is $51 to $71, they should of had to produce their hunters safety card. I only got 1 tag this year.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts