Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Temp was good
Nice South/South west wind

Sun was out, I was enjoying a perfect evenings hunt.

Thank god no deer came by to ruined it:lol:

I sat and watch 18 acers of clover and 10 acer field of wheat, exactly when are the deer going to start congregating in them:confused:

·
Banned
668 Posts
i sat early tonite and seen 3 deer. i sat overlooking 3 acres of clover, 1/2 acre of turnips and a 8 acre nwsg field. very dissapointed, thats what gun season does. i came down from the stand and thought if baiting was legal would it help?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Let the deer start to get back in their daily patterns.....It will get better for muzzleloading......Hope ya have one.......Mack

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Temp was good
Nice South/South west wind

Sun was out, I was enjoying a perfect evenings hunt.

Thank god no deer came by to ruined it:lol:

I almost laughed out loud when I read this.

Last Monday I abandoned my pop-up and sat in a ground blind that I had built. It was a cool, crisp morning with moon that was just short of full. The sky was mainly clear but the few clouds that were up there were moving quickly across the sky with a sort of eerie, almost sureal backlight from the moon. It was dead silent other than the gurgle of the river 10yds to my right. It was about 15 mins till shooting light and I just sat there with my head back looking at the sky. Couldn't help but wonder why more people don't get out and enjoy this part of life. A sense of calm and relaxation like what I was feeling isn't available in any other way in life.

Just as your perfect day, none of those pesky deer showed up to ruin it for me. Although I was visited by about 45 head of cattle (one of the risks of hunting in an active pasture, the other major risk is the cleanliness of your boots......)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts