Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hooked in to a 25.5 inch pike in the moring was out there at 6:00 a.m. and did not get the first bite till the bobber on the one rod went down it was some thing but missed it. then the other rod with the steel leader wrapped around some thing in the water and had to retie. next thing you know i seen the line go out a little casue i had the bail open and all of a sudden bam a hard as can be thwack from a pike. almost ripped the rod out of my hands it hit that hard. drag was going off. the only other guy there was in a boat getting closer to me cuase he seen all this going on. any ways hope it ticked the guy off for fishing right on top of me after i landed that pike cause he did not get a thing. i will post pick of this pike later. i had 20 lb test on and a wire 18 inch silver ss pike leader and a red 1/0 bass worm hook from gamakatsu hooks. had a net and it measre 25.5 inches along the net sacle. all is done on gill's at these lakes in the metro park bass pike and walleye fishing. any ways i will get the pictures up before i fillet it sooner or later thanks for reading. best of luck to you guys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts