Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit the lake wuth salmonslammer at 5 didint get squat till 9 had our 12 by 10.05 found them in close 8ft of water that looked like mud between the two bright sea walls south of the 400 club 3 trolls about 150yard is all it took ps when your half asleep from pulling all niter dont pass out on the bow in rough seas when the captin takes waves come over the bow and wake u up quick

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I can tell the fish are pissed off....there sticking there tongues out at you!!:lol: :lol: Excellent job on the fish yellowbelly....I'd of rather hit the lake this morning than the river...but I had to get in early for my Brother-inlaws graduation from Macomb from his Physical therapy coarse!! Your fish look like there nice sized also!! they'll make fine fillets for the hot oil!! Job well done! ....also....Nice picture!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my 6 fish in a hour also, but I didn't leave the dock untill 9:30 .I fished the same area. Funny thing is I got fish number 5 while the CO's were holding onto my boat checking my license. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Gezz don't you guys have mothers? :p It seems every day that it's nice, I have other priorities. When the wind and fronts move in, my scedule is wide open! Good job on the fish gentlemen!!!! :)

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
don't you guys have mothers
Yep...and I even made them dinner today :D

Amazing enough...we didnt' have walleye.

We actually decieded to go when we got out of work at 2am....Made for a looong day. Nothing like a good sleep depravation buzz :gaga:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Good job guys. Sounds like you guys had to work hard to find em. That's usually the hardest part. But once you find em, figure out the pattern, and let the catching begin.;):D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nice job on the :fish: fellas. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It figures. I stayed there till about 8:00am Sunday. Did not have anything yet. Talked to Salmonslammer on the radio and they were slow too. Pulled the boat out and trucked down to st Jean and got 3 and lost 2 pretty quick. Guess I should have stayed.:gaga: Oh well coulda woulda shoulda but I didn't.
Mark

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Yeah Mark, we hit you up on the radio but you had left by the time we found them. We washed crawlers for about 3 hrs before we hit them..

Almost went in too, but decieded to do that infamous "1 more drift" and it paid off.....

Switching colors helped too..Yellowbelly threw out orange and I think that popped 3 or 4 fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts