Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i spent 3 hours today fishing my buddies jet ski out of round lake.he waited until a couple of weeks ago to buy a trailer for his jet ski.of course ,by the time harbor freight shipped it ,the lake had frozen over. as he assembled it in his kitchen, he found several bolts missing. that delayed the final assembly. finally the weather heated up and we found that this was the day.finished the assembly and widening the bunks because this is a 600 pound 1100cc sled.of course the largest in the universe.lifted the 167 pound monster trailer on its side and through the kitchen and side door, down the stairway and to the lake.we had to chop a hole with a pick axe about 6 feet wide and 12 foot long because the sled was facing outwards to shore and it had to be turned arround.we were just a bit wet from the rain and pick axe splashing.
now to get the sled on the trailer was no mean feat. after pulling and lifting for a while we figured it was easier to use a come-a-long from the trailer hitch to the eyebolt. this trailer came without a winch.after 3 or 4 tries we finally got it on the trailer.we tried to push it on shore with no luck. we tied a rope to a post about 50 feet away and used the come-a-long to winch the trailer and sled to the shoreline but not over the hump the wheels were stuck on. then we hooked the come-a-long ,a hundred feet of rope, and a tow strap to his truck in the driveway . we got it just on shore before the rope snapped and took out a garbage can on the side of the house.
from there we dragged it sideways and pushed it to a patch of sand on shore.all that work because of an early ice and an idiotic friend that waits until last minute .by the time we finished the tires were flat and we were both exhausted. three hours for nothing.what a fun day.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Modern day Laurel and Hardy. I bet one of the neighbors has this on a video cam. Too funny. :lol:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I feel your pain. Don't get me wrong, I am laughing my arse off, but I feel your pain nonetheless, right in my side :)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
If he didn't winterized it the story is going to be continued I'll bet. He better take it to a mec. now or next spring he will not be using it for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts