Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

A different way to swap flies?

1K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  wcoutfitters 
#1 ·
I've been tying up some antron estaz bugs.....and I got a dozen I'll part with.

[/IMG]

4 - Hex's
4 - Black Stones
2 - Gold Stones
2 - Shrimp

Would make a nice addition to your steelhead fly box....

With my bad eyes, big fingers and the fact that I have issues with wrapping dry fly hackle.....I wouldn't mind swapping for a dozen dries..

Edit...

BTW.....I have enough caddis....maybe some adams, BWO's, etc....

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't see it happening here. We see the occassional guy bail on us and the sometimes a little later than we like but I don't see problems here like other boards. I've seen swapmeister's completely disappear with flies before.

Most guys 'know' each other (albeit via the site) pretty well and should know that isn't a concern. You just can't go through life worried about getting screwed.

And like TT said, so you're out a dozen flies if it happens........which won't in this case.

I like TT's idea here. It allows a couple members to exchange flies that play to their strengths as tyers. Looks like a win-win in my eyes.

#8 ·
I should have them done by the next weekend. Adams and BWO coming your way. PM me you mailing address, I will send the flies to you and when you get them, you send yours back my way. How about that. I think this is a cool way to swap some flies and fill the box with some of the same type. You never know when on type of fly is the hot one.

I hate running out when the going is good. Happened last year on the North branch of the Au Sauble. The brookies were on the feed and I lost my last trico. I threw just about everything I had left in the box and no takers. They knew what they wanted and I ran out. It was fun watching them continue to feed and I enjoyed the walk back to the truck.

Paul

#9 ·
I know it wouldnt happen with WC, just saying you could get screwed. But you guys are right, theres alot worse things than a dozen flies!!!!

any1 want to trade a 12-6 hennies for 12-6 march browns?

#10 ·
well like wc said....if a fly is working ya better have a few

in the other swaps you get one fly....and there have been a bunch that I wish I had more of. I figured this way you could swap an entire dozen or even a half dozen. Just thought it would be something different and the swappers could end up with a few instead of one. Also.....you are only dealing with one person instead of a dozen....and things may go smoother in the end.

wc..... I have several of each color and I'll goes as far to let you choose the colors/quanities you want. As for your dries....tie me what you've had good luck with and I'll be happy with that.;) I'm not worried about recieving yours before i send mine...so lemme know the colors and PM me your addy and I'll get them on the way. I'll pay for shipping to you....you pay it back to me and just return my fly box with your flies in it. Deal?

I'm working on a few others and will post when I have em done.

#11 ·
I tied up some parachute adams size 12 and 18 BWO. This should take care of you for a while. Send me your addy and I will put them in the mail today.

I will take the ones that you pictured in the post.

This has been fun.

Thanks
Paul

#12 ·
I think that I better take some pics and ask if anyone wants to trade for mine rather than just offer to trade!:lol: I havent been tieing very long so I wouldnt be surprised if I was told to, "Keep up the good work. Get back to me in a year or so!":lol:

#13 ·
What ya got? Don't be afraid to trade flies your flies. I have found sometimes the fish like the ugly ones best. Honestly, this is a fun way to trade. Post a pic of some and let's see what happens.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.