Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you pick up road kill and use it for baiting coyotes???

------------------
God Bless and may your aim be true

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I'm no authority, but I believe you have to have a permit of some kind (from a CO or other law enforcement officer) in order to pick up a road killed deer. If it is in season, I don't believe there is any problem with road killed small game (I think the law was changed a few years ago).

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
You must have a road kill permit (for deer and bear) issued by a law enforcement officer to pick up road kill. For other game that is road killed, you must possess the appropriate license and the game you pick up must be in season and included in your daily bag limit. Having the correct license and in season is the only way to pick up other road kill. You will not get a road kill permit for any type of animal or bird, including turkey, because there is no such thing as a road kill permit for those species.

If you are talking trapping coyotes, you may not use game animals for bait, page 40 of the Hunting and Trapping Guide.

If you are talking about hunting coyote and you legally obtained what ever game animal you are talking about and happened to take it out to the back 40 to feed other wild animals, eagles, coon, bear, whatever and you happened to be hunting coyotes where you dumped these animals, you would be alright.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys!!!

------------------
God Bless and may your aim be true

1 - 4 of 4 Posts