Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, his dad (MoneyMan11) grabbed the rod out of the rod holder and figured it was small enough. The lake was calm last Thursday and I even had my 4 year old out with us for the first time and he enjoyed the evening troll.

My nephew Jackson did a great job and really put everything into it. ( I have a video, but not sure how to load that up yet) We decided to let him do the entire thing and figured if we lost the fish at the boat, who cares, we are letting him do it all by himself. He did a great job and his dad was sure proud, as was the rest of the boat.

Here is Jackson in action (notice his dad ready to reach for the rod going into the drink):lol:

And here is his fish, bigger than what his dad guessed, going over 12 lbs

Here is Hunter driving the boat. . .he thought we needed to turn a lot.:lol:

And here is a nice 21.7lb king

Hopefully we see a lot of people up there Labor Day weekend, first order of deep fried pickles at the Northside is on my brother.;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow! This post kicks @$$! I wish I had more time to fish with my kids.......:D Great job!

(Side note;I rarely ever fish WITHOUT my kids!);)

Excellent post.

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Excellent:)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thats as good as it gets! Nice job.Wish my dad woulda took took me out that early. Congrats to the captain and dad!:coolgleam

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
NIce Job.... Now if I could bet my lab to hold a rod (I don't have kids.... Big surprise). He has a hard time, ya know, with lacking the thumbs and all :lol:.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Looks like a fabulous day! What an experience that youngster will NEVER forget! Way to make it happen!

A 22 lb. king is an excellent, and pretty rare, fish over the past few years. A definite beauty!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Fished Manistee. Took fish that week that were much bigger than last year. First fish of the week was a #20 king solo followed by a 17 and 12. Caught around 8 that went 17-19 and the small ones were in the 12-16 range. I was real excited when I cut open a #12 hen to check the stomach contents and found that she her eggs looked like a panfish, so that year class will have some bigger fish. Most the big fish were males during the week and they put on the pretty good battle.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This pic made me laugh out loud. The look on the guys face in the background is priceless. Clearly green with envy!

Nice fish. What port were you fishing out of?
Actually, he might have just been tired from catching a 19 lber and netting the 21, I think he almost fell overboard.:lol:

We did bring in a lamprey with this fish as well that my 4 year old beat with the bat, many, many, many times until he connected. . .then he figured he better roll the bat on it to make sure it was dead.:lol:

We were fishing out of Manistee . . .guess I forgot that part.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Very cool, Randy!

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
This pic made me laugh out loud. The look on the guys face in the background is priceless. Clearly green with envy!
:lol::lol::lol: He always has "that look", believe me.....

Way to get 'em out early, Randy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I love seeing kids out fishing! I remember my boy when he caught his first king, he was 7. He is addicted now that he's been at it for a couple years. He got it off the Ludington pier. Just this morning a youngster was on the break wall and had snagged an alewife with his cleo. I set him up with my bait rod and he got his first salmon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts