Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After coaching a soccer game Saturday (10am) drove the 2 hours out to the farm for a afternoon hunt. Called a friend to check the forcast, said it looked like rain all afternoon. Picked a stand on a clover plot where I had been seeing lots of does and a few bucks every afternoon. Got set up by 3pm, raining pretty steady. I had 1 doe come out of swale and start feeding at about 35 yards, if she came in closer I would have shot her. About 1/2 hour later a small 7pt came out of the same area and chased her off. No action near me for at least an hour(lot of action out in my 2 Brassica fields, rain stoped about 4:30, about 5:15 I catch some movement off to the south a buck is walking thru a thicket. I tried to get video but it was in to thick, I then look back towards the north and this buck is coming out of the same thicket and steadily crossing the clover field 1st things first get the camera away, then thought about the bino's to get a better look but just grabed the bow instead. He stops about 20 yards away and I come to full draw and have to lean around the tree trunk to get a shot. He starts to walk again and I bleat at him at about 12 yards and he stops right in an opening settel the pin on him and squeeze the realese.He ran about 150+ yards, shot right thru the heart, complete pass thru. Would like to here your guess's on his age(Calhoun Co.)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
After coaching a soccer game Saturday (10am) drove the 2 hours out to the farm for a afternoon hunt. Called a friend to check the forcast, said it looked like rain all afternoon. Picked a stand on a clover plot where I had been seeing lots of does and a few bucks every afternoon. Got set up by 3pm, raining pretty steady. I had 1 doe come out of swale and start feeding at about 35 yards, if she came in closer I would have shot her. About 1/2 hour later a small 7pt came out of the same area and chased her off. No action near me for at least an hour(lot of action out in my 2 Brassica fields, rain stoped about 4:30, about 5:15 I catch some movement off to the south a buck is walking thru a thicket. I tried to get video but it was in to thick, I then look back towards the north and this buck is coming out of the same thicket and steadily crossing the clover field 1st things first get the camera away, then thought about the bino's to get a better look but just grabed the bow instead. He stops about 20 yards away and I come to full draw and have to lean around the tree trunk to get a shot. He starts to walk again and I bleat at him at about 12 yards and he stops right in an opening settel the pin on him and squeeze the realese.He ran about 150+ yards, shot right thru the heart, complete pass thru. Would like to here your guess's on his age(Calhoun Co.)

Nice buck.Great mass.But im guessing 2.5.Just a guess from the body size :),Mich

·
Banned
5,597 Posts
Nice buck.Great mass.But im guessing 2.5.Just a guess from the body size :),Mich
That would be the most massive rack of any 2.5 I've ever seen. It's impossible to gauge his body mass, but looks like a long snout. All of the mass at the base, and garbage off his long brows- carries the mass through his beams, I would say 4.5. Great buck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
An absolutely BEAUTIFUL buck -- congratulations bb160!!!

No guess on the age.....instead, just going to say it is a dandy!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Great buck! Congrats! One of the, if not the, nicest buck taken on here so far this year.

As far as age, as someone else said, he has a long snout. He's at least 3.5. What did he weigh?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Very nice buck with plenty of character! I will not try and guess this deer's age due to the photos at hand. Looks like plenty of experts already have this guy nailed down.LOL.;)

Mike

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
That is one handsome buck. Absolutely gorgeous.

Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts