Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Quick report from yesterday. Got out really late after an appt. Didn't get lines in until after 4:30. For the next half hourish it was a fire drill. Couldn't get a full 6 rods out without a pullback, then just like that when the sun went down they were done... never got another bite, stayed a couple hours after dark. Moved in mid depth, shallow. Nothing. Ended with 5 in that first flurry. Had family up from down south so at least we had some action. But was surprised the night bite wasn't on fire for me.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Great day today had to break through some ice but wife and I got 12 plus some CR. Wife was hot she caught most and it’s her Bday to boot. Bandits back 35 to 37 found a nice pod of fish in around 16 FOW needed to be in the stained water
1.4 seemed the speed. The guy at the gate said they are closed Thursday and Friday.
Chartreuse bottom baits seemed the best. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Side note water got cold in a hurry... more stained water near shore was really cold. Mid 30s. Made a long Canada run hoping to put the cousin on a musky, but water was really clouded up and really cold 33ish degrees.. water coming out of the channels was still in the 40s. The clearer water in the lake was the warm stuff coming out of the channels. Gonna be icing up soon at this rate. Time to finally winterize the old girl and probably done till spring. Spend the next few months getting stuff done I didn't get done over summer!

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Damm, 9 mile closed today and tomorrow,, totally sux, going out from Harley is long ride. Will check 11 mile, probably frozen up. Don;t need a dock, just a ramp to use!!!! 16 mile still had ramp in but frozen up yesterday while walking dog.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts