Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs old Lund made her first request to go perching now that she is done with treatment. How can I tell her no lmao I normally don’t fish Friday thru Sunday but I still agreeed to go . We launched out of algonac at 630 this morning and I decided we should go to a place I call the cabbage patch . We were set up by 730 with the fish finder telling us we were in the right spot the morning started slow not a nibble for a good half hour then she was off and running with a double header one a mid 9 and one a 11 ! I thought oh boy are we in for one heck of a morning ! Well she was on the right side of the boat catching all nice fish while me on the other side was keeping the small fish busy with a occasional nice one in the mix . Around 10 the fish slowed right down and the flys came out in force bitting like crazy so we called it a day at 11 with 22 jumbos in the live well. All I can say after today’s trip them fall jumbos are in trouble when she’s around ! We were in 15 fow like stated cabbage weeds glow hook tipped with a minnow ,
Food Cloud Ingredient Cuisine Seafood

Have fun out there this weekend guys I’ll be returning on Monday to see if they stayed put

·
Premium Member
11,123 Posts
Glad to hear Cheryl is doing good. Great job on getting on those perch.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Glad Ms Lund is on the mend makes that nice catch all the more enjoyable! We are trying to get done with the garden and this goose killing itch scratched in time to make fall perchin.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Dag gum! Pretty work Mrs Lund! Great to see you got back out there & haven't lost your touch.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Let’s see the pics of “7” Stripers on this thread. Fall perching will only pick up from here on thru October. Mama and kids pics are always best anyway!
Just so you know, any perch that has 7 stripes or more is a “World Class” fishery. Myself, I will take 8-10 inchers “All Day Long” to eat for a fry. Zoom in!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mrs old Lund made her first request to go perching now that she is done with treatment. How can I tell her no lmao I normally don’t fish Friday thru Sunday but I still agreeed to go . We launched out of algonac at 630 this morning and I decided we should go to a place I call the cabbage patch . We were set up by 730 with the fish finder telling us we were in the right spot the morning started slow not a nibble for a good half hour then she was off and running with a double header one a mid 9 and one a 11 ! I thought oh boy are we in for one heck of a morning ! Well she was on the right side of the boat catching all nice fish while me on the other side was keeping the small fish busy with a occasional nice one in the mix . Around 10 the fish slowed right down and the flys came out in force bitting like crazy so we called it a day at 11 with 22 jumbos in the live well. All I can say after today’s trip them fall jumbos are in trouble when she’s around ! We were in 15 fow like stated cabbage weeds glow hook tipped with a minnow , View attachment 787544
Have fun out there this weekend guys I’ll be returning on Monday to see if they stayed put
Mrs old Lund made her first request to go perching now that she is done with treatment. How can I tell her no lmao I normally don’t fish Friday thru Sunday but I still agreeed to go . We launched out of algonac at 630 this morning and I decided we should go to a place I call the cabbage patch . We were set up by 730 with the fish finder telling us we were in the right spot the morning started slow not a nibble for a good half hour then she was off and running with a double header one a mid 9 and one a 11 ! I thought oh boy are we in for one heck of a morning ! Well she was on the right side of the boat catching all nice fish while me on the other side was keeping the small fish busy with a occasional nice one in the mix . Around 10 the fish slowed right down and the flys came out in force bitting like crazy so we called it a day at 11 with 22 jumbos in the live well. All I can say after today’s trip them fall jumbos are in trouble when she’s around ! We were in 15 fow like stated cabbage weeds glow hook tipped with a minnow , View attachment 787544
The best news is Mrs Old Lund. Way to stay strong through all of this!

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the lake and river fishing here. I know a glow jig head is, but glow hook? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts