Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today,started near RR with small pack,fished there about 30 min.Did not catch a perch and didn't see anybody catch any.Went out to 26fow,52/14 area same as last week.Started to pick at them.Two of us finished with 80 perch,most 7in to 10in range.A ton of throw backs,largest and my best so far this year was a little over 13in,that was the only one that size.My buddy thought it was a smallmouth when he first saw it.Did catch a couple in the 11in range.Got bait at Anglers Landing,nice scoops all sizes,the big ones we broke in half or thirds.Great day on water,weather was perfect.Nice mess of fish.Got on the radio and let some people know and the pack started to form around us.Someone on the radio said they were doing good off the point in 19fow.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Nice job and good report. That 26-27 FOW seems to produce fish when the other spots slow down.
I hope to get back out next week, save a few for me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
We did about the same as you guys, not quite the numbers but a little bigger fish. We went out to the turn around basin north of sputnik after tooling past the rr pack. We did not mark any and did not see any caught. We made the mistake of getting our bait at Jeff's. All our emeralds were 1" long. Needed a magnifying glass to get them on the hook. It was slow slow slow. Marked a ton of fish by sputnik but could not get any good action, half a dozen then shut off. Had our fish cleaned at anglers and their emeralds looked great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts