Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is your official thread for the rest of the season guys.

Your team representative in the MS vs OS contest is: thunder river outfitters

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'll be out Friday night and Saturday morning. We have a sort of a "doe camp" going at our hunt club. Back-straps on the grill and well stocked coolers are hard to beat!

I was going to be my son's first bow hunt but he has poison ivy pretty bad and will be staying home.

I’m looking forward to sinking an arrow into some vitals! We are using this weekend as an opportunity to get some last minute scouting in. Most everyone on stand will have a video camera. Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Glassed tonight..Saw three good bucks finally. Looked like two 2 year olds and a 3 year old. The old man missed a doe with the shotgun...Distance challenged shooter:lol: Im going to try to stick a doe tommorow night with a arrow. After that its looks like its getting to warm for me.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
well i still have to wait till oct 1st to roll around before i can stick one. michigander88 and i were out hitting the bean fields the other night and seen 4 giants all over 140. 1 had to have been over 150-pushing 160. he was atleast 22 wide. just a big pig.
pulled some pics off the cameras, nothing special just some 115-120 class buck. not to shabby.
my boby is killing me from hanging stand and climbing trees. my arms feel like rubber , my leggs and ankles are killing me. hmhhmhmh and everyone thinks its cool to be an outfitter. i should have listen to my father years ago and went to school. what was i thinking...lol.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Should be interesting, I got a public land antlerless permit for Washtenaw county. I have never hunted this close to home before, I'm use to driving 1000 miles for deer. Too bad both my shoulders are fubar'd, 2 more months are going to kill me when start posting your pics.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
To hot, to many bugs for me. Started to get ready to hit a stand and said to myself what the heck are you doing:lol:.. The bloodsuckers were out in full force(pun intended) there was no way I was going to hunt next to a swamp with all those skeeters out.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Scratch one...Took this Gal tonight. Shot her with my .45 cal T/C Omega. About a 70 yard shot. She went 30 yards. Died with her front feet in the swamp....perfect! First deer with the T/C shockwave. Wow..The blood trail was very easy to follow. Great performance from the Shockwave for me! Well now until Bow season!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
way to go jdawg

on da board...wahoooo

I just saw the deer score/entry board..Man I didnt relize all the stuff that had to be in the photo. This pic is were I found her last night. I'll have to take a pic with me, the gun, the tag in her ear and the deer this evening before butchering.:tdo12:

5 points for team 4 WHO RA!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Nice job jdawg! I have the same gun. Looks like it ripped her pretty good!

Whats the chances???? I had to hunt hard to find my .45 Omega four years ago :lol:. Ended up having to order one at Williams.. Anyway it's the third different bullet Ive shot and the grouping is unmatched with any else Ive shot. Im very pleased with the performance. Three times the blod trail versus the old bullets I shot. I hit her with a 185 grain shockwave with 150 grains 777 pellets. Around 2900 fps at the muzzle!:dizzy:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Bowtech Allegiance
T/C .45 Omega, If I have a buck tag left :lol:

We decided to hold off until Friday morning for our first hunt. I kinda have 2 decent bucks pegged. I dont want to screw things up. Ive sat in the rain enough times now to know I dont do it anymore unless it's the first week of November. Good luck to all and stay safe!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Mathews Z-Max Lite
Marlin 30-30
And just bought a T/C .50 Omega last week.

Just started a new job so my weekdays are shot for now.
Plan on getting out Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
I will get 3 vacation days to burn for the rest of the year, so I am planning on using them Nov/ 10,12,14 for my Shiawasse (state) draw.
Once I get past my training next week I think they will let me participate in their 4 day work week.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts