Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys sry i dont have pics yet but just had to share my story. around 7 15 i seen him comming to my left, kept comming and comming got to about 20 or so yrds and stared rt at me. i had a little opening, let the mossberg bark and off he went the way he came. waited about hour and 15 min and started looking for sign no blood or hair for about the first 60 or so yards. finally found the spot where he stumbled and found first blood. tracked this about hundred yards thru the woods and across a ditch( thought he mighta been layin there but no) followed the blood thru a cut bean field til it ended. my uncle calls me and says he thinks it just walked by him, i was like holy crap he made it far then. i wandered around some more and thought i should look in the thick weeds in the bean field, (thanks to michigan sportsman members i keep seeing on here to check the thick stuff. walk up the and sure as sh** there he lay! man t say the least i was pumped. prolly smilin for about a half hour. gutted him out and dragged him the the chevy. second deer ever and first time i did all the tracking and gutting by myself. Very rewarding to track the blood for so long and finally find him. Sry this is long and no pics but theyre comming as soon as mom gets home. just had to tell my story cause im pumped!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics. So, the deer that went by your uncle wasn't yours - right?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya that wasnt mine, he said he was about to shoot it but held off. good thing he did because he woulda killed someone elses deer. i was sure it wasnt mine because it ran off about 300 yards and if that woulda been him he would have to of circlced back about 600 yards, musta been the neighbors. moms still not home yet so still waitin on pics but i promise their comming. not a biggin but pretty symetrical.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
ya that wasnt mine, he said he was about to shoot it but held off. good thing he did because he woulda killed someone elses deer. i was sure it wasnt mine because it ran off about 300 yards and if that woulda been him he would have to of circlced back about 600 yards, musta been the neighbors. moms still not home yet so still waitin on pics but i promise their comming. not a biggin but pretty symetrical.
i don't quite understand. your uncle didn't shoot because he thought he would kill someone else's deer? did he think it was your deer you shot? if so, then i understand.

great job on the tracking and keeping with it.

now, let's see some pics:D

:fish:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya he thought it was my deer but turned out it wasnt, dont know whos it was. there was 3 of us hunting the private farm and im the only one that shot

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright got my pics uploaded but dont think i got enough post to put in here so if someone could post them for me. they r in my profile. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts