Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was another great day on the water. I went 4/4 today and my buddy got a nice pike to boot. I had two in the boat by 7:30 and a third by 9:00. The first one was small around 30, the second was about 40, the third was 38 and the last one was at about 11:30 and it was about 38. The pike was about 36. All fish were caught casting 2oz spinner baits in about 6-9 ft of water in the weeds or right on the weed edge. Very few floating weeds so not much hook cleaning today. Not many people fishing today but a few bass guys. I'm getting better with my figure 8 and finally got a follower it's only the second fish at the boat for me. I learning to set the hook against the fish since I have jerked a few hooks right out of their mouths this year by setting the hook in the wrong direction. It sure takes time on the water to learn how to catch Musky's but to me it's well worth it. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Sounds like another great morning !.....good stuff.....boat side is awesome.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well today was another great day on the water. I went 4/4 today and my buddy got a nice pike to boot. I had two in the boat by 7:30 and a third by 9:00. The first one was small around 30, the second was about 40, the third was 38 and the last one was at about 11:30 and it was about 38. The pike was about 36. All fish were caught casting 2oz spinner baits in about 6-9 ft of water in the weeds or right on the weed edge. Very few floating weeds so not much hook cleaning today. Not many people fishing today but a few bass guys. I'm getting better with my figure 8 and finally got a follower it's only the second fish at the boat for me. I learning to set the hook against the fish since I have jerked a few hooks right out of their mouths this year by setting the hook in the wrong direction. It sure takes time on the water to learn how to catch Musky's but to me it's well worth it. Good luck to all.
I think I saw you, we were fishing near by. We were in front of Geno and Metro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I was fishing mid river. I'm still learning the river since I live in Gibraltar and keep my boat in the water. I will head to the lake later in the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts