Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
10,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue skies with cool temperatures greeted my clients this morning who mostly hailed from the Pinconning, MI area. We also had light winds that died to calm conditions at times too. Without the breeze, the bite was just a slow pick, but they did catch their limits of nice walleyes with minimal effort. When the breeze would blow a little, the bite would turn on, but when it calmed down, the bite slowed down. It was like that all morning. Today the finicky fish would only bite a red/silver harness well and it had to be on or near bottom too. Trolling speeds of 1.4 to 1.5 mph best. Any slower and we started to pick up sheephead. Any faster and we caught nothing, so I had to constantly adjust the speed with the wind coming and going. We fished the same general area as yesterday in waters that ranged from 28 to 34 feet deep. While I was cleaning their fish, my clients were planning out their fish fry for dinner today. It doesn't get much better than fresh walleye filets cooked any way you want.

Capt. Mike Veine

Reactions: buck11pt24
10,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry this post got double posted. I'm not sure how that happened. I went back to try to delete the second one and could not see how to delete a post on this new forum software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts