Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water solo at 6:45pm jigging some waypoints I marked the other day by the canes. 11-14fow . Plain jig- purple flek wyandotte with crawler.Tried a fin "s" perch color but no bites. Got two on first pass 15"er and 20"er. Ran second pass a little longer into 8-9fow and hooked 2 nice ones but both came up way to fast and came off reaching for the net:rant: Rolled through it again and got bit off about 3 seconds into the fight 2 times. 10lb power pro super slick shredded. With both rods down and sun setting in 15min called it a night. Wind wasn't to bad and no weeds. Good to get out for a few:D

·
Master Angler
647 Posts
Fished in the A.M. and went 3 for 5. Jigged both sides of the Island in about a 1/2 dozen spots from 7:00 A.M. to 10:00, only caught farm animals. Switched up to pulling harnesses, downstream speeds were 2.6 to 3.2 mph. Ended up finding a small school south of Sugar and caught the three on purple with white beads. Gave up at 12:30. Lots of weeds on the east side of the Island, but TC was weed free with great clarity.:lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"No weeds" was a little strong of a statement. Few weeds, no big clumps just a few stringers. Was surprised myself. No farm animals...except one gobie.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the report i am going to try and get out in the am.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Master Angler
647 Posts
Yeah weed free is a strong word, but I've been fishing the channel for over forty years now and when I was fishing it between 11:30 and 12:30 I didn't come across any weeds, nada, none. Probably only seen it that way a half a dozen times over the years at this time of summer.:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts