Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First trip out was ok. We boated 7 (6 nice ones and 15") but we were out there all day with lines in about 8:00 and out about 4:00. Caught quite a few small silvers and white perch and one huge catfish (~8#'s). We pulled spoons and picked our fish on jet 40's back 35', 50' and 70'. No consistency to were they were in the water column. Didn't pull out the harnesses... maybe we should have!!! Out in from of Fermi and out to the state line.

m

·
Registered
444 Posts
We were in the same area and caught every sheepshead in Lake Erie, at least it seemed like that. We have over 100 clips for the big boards and had to retrieve a board because we ran out. We boated 24 eyes, but we had enough trash fish to start a cat food factory. It got so bad nobody wanted to grab the rod when it would go off. Ten lb. farm animals wear you out. We used mini-discs and spoons on one side and 30' jets and spoons on the other and the jets out fished the discs 3:1. Looks like we rig up more rods to switch on the fly when one out fishes the other.

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
We have over 100 clips for the big boards and had to retrieve a board because we ran out
What kind of clips are you running? My stock took a beating on saginaw bay this weekend and I need to restock before wheatley!

·
Registered
444 Posts
We use the Off Shore OR-10's and boy have they gotten expensive. We bought them back when they $2-3, now the are at least $5. I saw them at Jann's Netcraft for about $4.25 each and that is the cheapest I have seen them. Off Shore's web store has them at a bargain for 100 @ $533. Can you believe that. You get no discount for buying 100. I guess if I had to start over I might try those Weldon PBR releases. You can get them for as low as $1.73 if you get a 100 pack. We used those weldon metal releases back in the day, but I am not sure how good they are today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts