Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have had our two youngest grandchildren visiting all week. Alex is 12 yo and really getting into all outdoor sports. Alex and I greeted Chuck A, Joe S, and Darren H aboard the P1 Thursday. This was Darren's first trip aboard Priority1 and he took to our methods well. Our bite was very tough and we didn't have all day because Joe had to get on GMs clock. We boated 27 keeper walleye farming 2 at the end. BB and Meat in 25-35 FOW. Our 3 oz down rods were very slow today only taking one keeper each. We ran 10 OR12 Offshore boards with flag kits. Surfaces temps still low for this time of yr at about 64 degrees. It was slow pick with the fish just gorged on bugs. There was bug casings thick on the waters surface. Speed 0.7 to 2.5 MPH. Glow green was our best color and a hammered copper close behind. we used all #4 blades. We took some decent fish from 15-1/2" up to 24". The bite was lite and I tried to stay on the helm most of the time to coax the neutral fish into hitting. I had to resort to my force feed em methods. A couple of the fish were packed so full of bugs they looked like spawning females. One in particular had numerous undigested dry bugs in it's guts. It was a good trip but it became crowded for a week day because of the Saturday tournaments. This was trip # 5

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Good work Frank. Stay on em!Sitting at my cabin right now watching it rain on the bay. The fog is so heavy I can barely see north island out my front window.:sad: Hope it clears. Good fishin!

·
Premium Member
30,129 Posts
Great job Franky as usual!:) Your doing me and the perch population proud, keep at it:D:lol:. Careful showing that secret bait in the cooler, no one probably knows you tip your hooks with cheese.:p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Great job as always Frank! I like your speed report!:) Those fish couldn't decide how they wanted it. We got a late start and slow catching until we got things figure out a little. Had 11 keepers with as many throwbacks with 30 minutes to fish and no bites for 30 minutes. Moved a little north and bang! a quadruple! Landed all but one was undersize so reset 2 lines. Time to go and as we cleared lines the last one had a keeper for 15. Great day on the water with Bill and my oldest grandson Cameron. Good to see you on the water! Here is Cameron with one of our nicer fish. Sorry couldn't get it to rotate.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Frank. What time did you get started yesterday?
We started about 6 because of the upcoming tournament and the fact that we couldn't fish as long as needed to fill up. It was still a regular cluster fudge at the ramp and on the water. I knew the bite would be lite and tough.

Great job Franky as usual!:) Your doing me and the perch population proud, keep at it:D:lol:. Careful showing that secret bait in the cooler, no one probably knows you tip your hooks with cheese.:p
I put that right in front of every rat's nose and they'd have never guessed it was bait and not part of my lunch. You and your big mouth. Certain kinds will repel the fish. I'll never tell what cheese does the trick.:)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job as always Frank! I like your speed report!:) Those fish couldn't decide how they wanted it. We got a late start and slow catching until we got things figure out a little. Had 11 keepers with as many throwbacks with 30 minutes to fish and no bites for 30 minutes. Moved a little north and bang! a quadruple! Landed all but one was undersize so reset 2 lines. Time to go and as we cleared lines the last one had a keeper for 15. Great day on the water with Bill and my oldest grandson Cameron. Good to see you on the water! Here is Cameron with one of our nicer fish. Sorry couldn't get it to rotate.
Location location location. GJ with your grandson.

·
Premium Member
30,129 Posts
Sorry Frank, alteast I didn't say what kind it was..:lol:

Here you go Joe!:) Now if I could only figure how to make it bigger..:lol:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Great report and thanks for sharing. The most interesting thing to me was your temperature report of 64 degrees. We had 70 degrees at the bottom of the slot yesterday - no small difference for sure.

I could not think of a wind or weather reason for such a significant difference. :confused:

·
Premium Member
30,129 Posts
Great report and thanks for sharing. The most interesting thing to me was your temperature report of 64 degrees. We had 70 degrees at the bottom of the slot yesterday - no small difference for sure.

I could not think of a wind or weather reason for such a significant difference. :confused:
We had 65 east of bouy12 on tues. in 25 fow.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chuck A took this pic of my 12 yo grandson on our trip back to port. Chuck named the pic Alex at work and I think it's more like a good kinda tired.:)

·
Premium Member
30,129 Posts
Great pic Frank! And people think fishing is all fun and games....they don't realize how it tires on you.;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts