Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
Besides giving individuals an opportunity to share personal numbers, I have suggested that hunters might share what their group/family has done on State Land or on their private property since ownership occured.
The best 5 from your property gross score of 500 or 600 + ? Maybe 700+ ?
Total kills of your group on State Land or from your property? Certainly a good number at 100+. Some over 500+ also.

L & O
I just did some quick math and believe my dad and I have a combined top 5 right at 700" off the small lease we've hunted for the last 30 years. Not bad for a 20 acre woodlot.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I sit somewhere between 698-701”. I am waiting for a no doubter that puts me over. If I was to swap out my lowest and replace with my sons buck which I sat next to him during bow season and watched him harvest, we would be around 725”. All his fault. Lol.
Zone 3 bucks ? Multiple counties ?

L & O

·
Registered
91 Posts
I sit somewhere between 698-701”. I am waiting for a no doubter that puts me over. If I was to swap out my lowest and replace with my sons buck which I sat next to him during bow season and watched him harvest, we would be around 725”. All his fault. Lol.
I have one like that. [email protected]$% Kids! Who invited them anyhow! :)

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I just did some quick math and believe my dad and I have a combined top 5 right at 700" off the small lease we've hunted for the last 30 years. Not bad for a 20 acre woodlot.
That is excellent. Probably quite a few bucks between 100-125" ?

L & O

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Top 5 from Smithville: Gross scores
Brother Jason 162"
Me 152"
Dad: 146"
Grandpa 144"
Me: 144"
total: 748

These are all killed on our Shiawassee County farm 200 acres-ish

These are off the top of my head so could be inch or two off either way. Mine are both dead on. Here are some pictures of them in order
Sky Plant Deer hunting Hunting Tree

Brown Elk Vertebrate White Light

From left to right top row: Dads 146 / Gramps 144 / My 152 / My 144

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
That is excellent. Probably quite a few bucks between 100-125" ?

L & O
Oh, for sure. I'm counting 16 bucks off the property over the last 15 seasons, all over 100". A couple 2 year-olds in the mid-aughts, the last 12 years has been all 3+.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Oh, for sure. I'm counting 16 bucks off the property over the last 15 seasons, all over 100". A couple 2 year-olds in the mid-aughts, the last 12 years has been all 3+.
Everyone says they want a neighbor like you until they get one. :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quick math puts me about 580".

On a side note, I've begun measuring my best 5 harvested doe's nipples and I think I'm on to something...I'm in the 5 7/8" club (for the second time).

This is meant to be funny and in no way displays my jealousy of those of you in the 700" club. I just hate you for other reasons that I cannot explain at this moment.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
On a side note, I've begun measuring my best 5 harvested doe's nipples and I think I'm on to something...I'm in the 5 7/8" club (for the second time).
Measuring or in some way evaluating nipples.......pretty sure that would be a different kind of club.
I'm surprised that we didn't consider that some 50 years ago at college when we were discussing our dates.

L & O

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Measuring or in some way evaluating nipples.......pretty sure that would be a different kind of club.
I'm surprised that we didn't consider that some 50 years ago at college when we were discussing our dates.

L & O
Hey L&O, not to change the subject but are they having a scoring school or training coming up in April? If so how can I go or sign up. I applied to be a scorer and haven't heard anything in weeks. Just wondering.
Dave

61 - 80 of 99 Posts