Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my recent UP trip. My new friend and his wife were both turning 50 at about the same time so a family member got the idea of making a 50 pt. buck for them. A number of family and friends contributed a tine or 2 for the project. The person during the work did an excellent job of attaching the tines. Had to be a difficult task.
Natural material Art Wood Twig Elk

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Hard to tell in that picture but it sure looks good. Yes it would take some time to do all that modifying with antler tine adding to another main beam of a set of antlers. Not a tough job at all but very time consuming for sure.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Great idea. Somewhere, Mitch Rompola is jealous.
Lol I know a guy with a whole wall of big bucks all from right in Michigan, I think he put 4 in the book and I bet 30 would qualify easy. CBM book that is, one of the ones that is in the book was scored and signed by Mitch himself. I always thought that was cool. He will not outright say he thinks Mitch's buck is legit but he does say Mitch was well ahead of his time when it came to hunting techniques.

That 50pt is sweet, should have had a plaque made that said "take me remnar take me now" lol

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Lol I know a guy with a whole wall of big bucks all from right in Michigan, I think he put 4 in the book and I bet 30 would qualify easy. CBM book that is, one of the ones that is in the book was scored and signed by Mitch himself. I always thought that was cool. He will not outright say he thinks Mitch's buck is legit but he does say Mitch was well ahead of his time when it came to hunting techniques.

That 50pt is sweet, should have had a plaque made that said "take me remnar take me now" lol
I too talked to a fella well.known in Michigan circles for book deer and he said the most knowledgeable whitetail deer hunter he has ever known..

As for the 50pt that's a pretty cool idea..

·
Premium Member
31,127 Posts
DINK

(High Fence)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts