Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nephew who is 5 has caught pike fever. It's almost all he talks about. I have a few lakes I take him to now but would like to expand. We live close to mason but are willing to drive 1.5 hours one way. Size doesn't matter (not looking for monsters) action does. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Trying to teach him the importance of catch and release and have fun at the same time.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Crystal Lake - Montcalm county,
No size limit , lots of small pike with some decent ones mixed in. Caught a 26 incher this morning.
Lost a lot of crawler harness' to them last year.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Four mile lake in dexter , it has an abundance of pike ! Lots and lots of pike nothing huge but 20-30 inchers in there all day long :) spinner baits what have always worked best for us ! Depends on ur boat though I wouldn't suggest anything bigger than 14 or 16foot aluminum Jon boat because the launch is shallow and no dock but has some great pike and bass fishing for te kid! Good luck FISHON

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds good. I have an old 14' sea nymph. Green and white with a 20 horse mariner. If you see me out there motor over and say hello.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts