Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Woods and Water Rat
24,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a Romanian AK47 with a stamped receiver and wants a 5 round magazine for bench shooting.
Anyone have any info on these so I can pass along to him?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
6,610 Posts
its pretty hard to balance one on a 30 rd mag sticking out the bottom!! Shorter mag and he will be able to shoot it comfortably from a bench position?
P.S.--- I think any of those Wasr10s came with 5 rd mags doesnt seem like itll be too hard to find.

· Woods and Water Rat
24,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huntsman27 said:
its pretty hard to balance one on a 30 rd mag sticking out the bottom!! Shorter mag and he will be able to shoot it comfortably from a bench position?
I think thats what he basically said. Appreciate the link. Hope to find him something local in the GR area.

· Registered
1,476 Posts
I have a Bulgarian Slr-93. (AK variant) Mine came with a 5 round clip. They are pretty hand for shooting at public ranges that you can only shoot 1 at a time or for what you said off a bench.

I don't think the Wasr 10 clip will fit. I thought they were only single stack clips instead of staggered.

Kev

· Registered
352 Posts
CDNN has them http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ak765rdblstm.html

That is the link to the page on their site.they have a flat shipping rate of 10 dollars so shipping is more than the mag, but they do have some good deals if you look for them.you might try the gun show next time its in town, but it is a lot easier to find the long ones than the 5 rounders.

There are a few guys at the range that use the 5 rd for their AR's they say the same thing about hitting the bench with the long ones.

· Registered
11,751 Posts
Crobar said:
you might try the gun show next time its in town, but it is a lot easier to find the long ones than the 5 rounders.
Yes. I have seen them at gun shows and the best time to look for them is in late summer before hunting season. Sometimes the vendors who specialize in AK, SKS, and AR rifles will keep them in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.