Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waited for the rain to pass this morning so got a late start , launched out of algonac and headed north bound . Was pretty foggy so part way to my destination I’d decided I’d just fish for a while and let it burn off . Picked up two fish real quick then the grind started no real pattern to pick out color didn’t seem to matter much or water depth either fished from 30-50 fow . Ended the day with 4 18-20 “ . I’ll be back at them tomorrow see what happens

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Started about the same time you did, tried the South channel to start lots of fog but no luck, moved around a lot only managed one eye. Tough day for me didn’t see a boat net a fish the entire day spoke with a few at the dock a struggle for most. Maybe time for harnesses.

·
Registered
13,148 Posts
Started about the same time you did, tried the South channel to start lots of fog but no luck, moved around a lot only managed one eye. Tough day for me didn’t see a boat net a fish the entire day spoke with a few at the dock a struggle for most. Maybe time for harnesses.
Don't give on jiggin yet. Month of May is when you'll fall in love with it ;) South channel bite is usually better few weeks from now... In my experience anyways

·
Registered
483 Posts
I got a late start after the fog burned off. I jigged 4 hours from 10 to 2pm and had 1 bite, a spent 21.5” female. Fished various drifts from above the state park down to the NC Boat access site. When I left the wind was blowing up the NC. I didn’t see another fish netted.

·
Administrator
26,947 Posts
I got a late start after the fog burned off. I jigged 4 hours from 10 to 2pm and had 1 bite, a spent 21.5” female. Fished various drifts from above the state park down to the NC Boat access site. When I left the wind was blowing up the NC. I didn’t see another fish netted.
Going out tomorrow from Algonac launch and fish about the same drifts as Jim did yesterday.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I’ll be jigging up around Marysville on Thursday morning with my 82yo dad, so the fishing in Algonac area should be much improved😂....Good Luck Mike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts