Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great morning, a little walleye chop, cloudy and a whole lot of fish.
We fished by H bouy and went thru 28 fish to get to our 15 fish limit!! Crawlers (any color) 1mph,1/2oz weight 30ft back was our ticket. Nothing over 3 lbs but great eaters none the less. How much better can the Saginaw Bay get when you can catch 28 fish in 2 hrs and get 15 great eatting size walleye???????

Ya gotta Love the Bay

Mark

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bet we saw each other out there today. I was in a older blue starcraft 16" with my wife and youngest son. we were out all day, never had to toss any back for size, didnt catch as many but got a great limit of 15- 20" fish. (15) . great day to be on the water for sure. Pics on other thread I posted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sure can't complain about the bay the last couple of years for numbers and good eaters. Sure wish it was like this when we first started, it would be a all day trip to limit out most of the time. The only difference was the size, but its nice with the high gas prices that just about everybody can go out and catch some fish. Buddies went out yesterday and were back at the dock at 9:30 with a 3 man limit caught by the S buoy. Me and a buddy took a break yesterday and went to do the carp thing, and with that walleye chop and lack of sun made it tough. Went 8 for about 50 up by Quan, still a little deep nothing was in less than knee deep, which makes for some tougher shooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts