Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
We were out in SoHa yesterday also. 9 for 11, 3 kings around 20lbs, 5 lakers and small Coho.
Coho n 2 lakers in 117fow; kings 2 miles north of Palisades in 55 fow; 1 kings on Mag NBK on 200’ copper; 1 king on dipsey on 3 out 125’ on CJKing Ghostbuster spoon 1 king on 4 3/4 colors on Warrior Whammy spoon. Speed usual 2.4 - 3.2 SOG.

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Any word on what the launch looks like today?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Opted to turkey hunt this morning. Close but no cigar, tag remains unfilled. I will hit South Haven this evening if the weather holds (total crap shoot). It’s hard being a Michigan Sportsman having to make such hard choices! Can anyone tell me if the road to the SH launch is open yet or do you still have to use that back road thru the boat yard?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Its Turkey season? I know where some birds are

Reactions: Blacksheep2

·
Registered
626 Posts
Opted to turkey hunt this morning. Close but no cigar, tag remains unfilled. I will hit South Haven this evening if the weather holds (total crap shoot). It’s hard being a Michigan Sportsman having to make such hard choices! Can anyone tell me if the road to the SH launch is open yet or do you still have to use that back road thru the boat yard?
Back road

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Fished bankers hours yesterday, 70 to 130 ft. 3 lakers, a king and a steely, lost probably 7 other fish, just one of those days. Standout for the day was a high slide diver 50ft back with a watermelon spoon. NW wind picked up at 4pm and ended the trip. Saw some nice boxes of kings at the new cleaning station which is beautiful. Shoulda got out at dawn. Only 2 known king hits where in the first half hour of fishing haha.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Fished bankers hours yesterday, 70 to 130 ft. 3 lakers, a king and a steely, lost probably 7 other fish, just one of those days. Standout for the day was a high slide diver 50ft back with a watermelon spoon. NW wind picked up at 4pm and ended the trip. Saw some nice boxes of kings at the new cleaning station which is beautiful. Shoulda got out at dawn. Only 2 known king hits where in the first half hour of fishing haha.
Sounds like an exciting day anyway Jake. Lots of action. It’s always strange to me that some days you can be perfect then other days you can lose most/ many of your fish.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
7-10 Yesterday AM.... Couple lakers, couple nice kings and a Ho. My dumbass knocked off a greaser and a ho at the boat, there was alot of apologizing. SW troll was best..green holographic down 35-40' in 90-115FOW. Guys reporting they did much better than us at the dock but didnt do a cooler audit to see who had the biggest swinging johnson. I think we were over the top of most as we heard fish down 55'+.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts