Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of Crocker and picked up a quick limit pullin spinners this morning. Was a costly trip though. I was cruisin along about 19-20 GPS speed, and all of a sudden, POW! ping-a-ling cling clackety cling ping! Main motor went poop. Not sure if it blew a piston or a rod or some sort of shaft or what, but there was somethin rattlin around in there and whatever it is, it ain't good.:( So at any rate, I figured, well, I'm gonna have to motor back in on the kicker motor regardless, and I'm already this close to the 400 club, so I mine as well pick up my fish before I make the slow ride back in. Ended up wetting lines for about 2 hours. Caught 8, and kept these 6. 9.5 to 10.5 was the best depth. Made one pass in the slightly deeper water (11-12 foot) but that wasn't as productive as the shallower stuff. Water is pretty stained in close. Chartruese and Orange were the best colors. Here's the fish, now, anyone got an 60-70 horse outboard for sale???:dizzy::lol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fish Eater
Not sure if that was you we talked to,saw someone coming in to Crocker with a trolling moter,we stoped and asked if they were going to make it and they said yes.
I am looking for someone to go out witth on my boat on Monday morning if your free.
We started at the 400 this morning but found them further south,little slower than yesterday but managed our limit (18) in about 3 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
That sucks about your motor scott!! Talk to Allen boats...they have some nice used Honda engines there!! There in Algonac! Bad timing for that to happen right at the prime time of walleye season on the lake beginning.....does your partner also have a boat??? If not will you at least split the cost of a new engine so it won't be as bad?? We fished the lake yesterday for fun...pulled in over 20 in 2 hrs. with some descent size to them! Hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Check Craigs list too scott....Brent just picked up a 10hp merc for $20 last week!!!:yikes:

Nice job on the eyes!!

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Scott. Four people in my boat is kind of cramped but if Junior decides to fish with his buddy next week then I may be able to take you and Jimmy for a troll. Stay in touch.

Mike Sr

·
Registered
95 Posts
I Had same thing happen 2 years ago. It ended up being my u-joint in the outdrive cost$$$ to fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
947 Posts
scott,

Good Job on the fish.:)

Sorry about the motor.:sad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts