Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be hunting out of a ground blind this year for gun season and I'm concerned about the muzzle brake directing the blast back into the blind. Do these guns shoot the same accuracy wise if the brake is removed or would I have to resight the rifle in again?

·
Registered
35,293 Posts
Any change will make a difference. If you remove it and put the thread protector on it changes the barrel harmonics.

Sighting it in again is required. You will find out at that point if it maintained the same level of accuracy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any change will make a difference. If you remove it and put the thread protector on it changes the barrel harmonics.

Sighting it in again is required. You will find out at that point if it maintained the same level of accuracy.
Thank you. I had a feeling it would which is why I asked. Looks like I'll be bringing some muffs with me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have used one in a ground blind many times. Mine has lots of mesh windows and I wear hearing protection when shooting. Hasn't been an issue so far.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I got a set of the Walkers Razor XV neck band earbuds. Just tried them out at the range Friday. They are awesome. They cut the shot noise plenty and are super comfortable. Plus you have the benefit of sound amplification for normal hearing. 7 levels I believe. Level 1 is like normal hearing with nothing on.
I figure the last thing I will think about is getting ear protection on when a shot is expected. Used a 16" 450 last year with nothing. The blast alone can develop a nasty flinch. Not to mention the ears ringing for a half hour.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
I always wear amplified ear protection when hunting. I will be doing so with my .350 Legend, and it is far quieter than the .450 was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts